Thursday, June 4, 2009

Teaching the Alphabet

If anyone feels up to doing me a solid, I'd like to get the word out about The Dungeon Alphabet to try and stir up some interest in the book. I've already made mention of it on the Original D&D Discussion board and on the Swords & Wizardy forum (there's a thread on the Necromancer Games site too), but I'm not a regular at any of the other old school boards (or new school for that matter).

If you happen to be a habitual visitor to some of the other boards out there and feel that it might be a book that those readers would be interested in, please feel free to mention the Alphabet and point them over to the Goodman Games site (http://goodmangames.com/4385preview.html) and/or to my post (http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2009/06/goodman-games-to-publish-dungeon.html) regarding it. Please don't put any noses out of joint doing so though.

Since it's my first professional book and I'm a relative unknown, I could use a little help getting the ball rolling. If you slip a mention in about it somewhere, please leave a comment to this post letting me know where so as to not inadvertantly spam the community. Also, if you run across a thread about The Dungeon Alphabet in your internet travels, I'd like to know where, and you can leave a comment to give me the heads up here as well.

Any help would be appreciated and you'd have my sincere thanks. New (non-Alphabet) stuff coming tomorrow morning so be sure to drop on by.

10 comments:

Mister Scratch said...

Blogged and Facebooked, for what that is worth.

Michael Curtis said...

Well that sews up the "People I used to work with long ago and may vaguely remember me" market...

In seriousness though, my sincere thanks.

Mister Scratch said...

Hey, there are some "People you vaguely remember socially and other people you don't know who have no idea what I am talking about and one person who you see all the time" market and that is one sweet demographic.

Chris said...

Sigged (GITP forums - prolific poster)

The kinder over there could do with learning the basics of dungeon mastery.

Jeff Rients said...

I just tweeted the link to Goodman.

Michael Curtis said...

Chris & Jeff: Thank you both very much for helping get the word out. Every bit helps me out and I certainly think the book is going to be worthy of the hype.

AndreasDavour said...

Posted the news on my blog. It will go live tomorrow morning.

Very cool news!

AndreasDavour said...

Also posted on Trollhalla.

Norman J. Harman Jr. said...

Stumbled your blog post and Goodman page. http://www.stumbleupon.com/

Good luck.

Michael Curtis said...

Andreas & Norman: Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out on this. Very much appreciated.